Dinner tonight is chocolate milk and Ecotrin


Maybe it's the fact that they expire so quickly, but having RR's in my wallet always makes me nervous. Especially when they're for over $5. I know it's irrational. So I had this $6 RR that does expire until Sunday but it's bugging me and I wanted to see if I could get rid of some or all of it. No Colgate Total at the Wags I went to - I was going to do that and buy a gallon of milk. However, I did discover an old manufacturer Q for $2.00 off any Listerine product that I had gotten at Walgreens over a month ago. So here's what I ended up with:

  • 1 gallon of milk, $2.89
  • 1 half-gallon chocolate milk, $1.69
  • 9 Ectotrin low-strength aspirin, 81-count, $1.99 each
  • 2 Listerine rinses, $3.00 each
  • 1 Reach dental floss, $3.00
  • Used "get free half-gallon chocolate milk when you buy 1 gallon white milk " printable coupon (no longer available; took off $3.75)
  • Used eight $2.00 Ecotrin coupons from 5/17 SS
  • Used one $2.25 Ecotrin printable coupon
  • Used $2.00 Walgreens register coupon for Listerine Rinse
  • Use $1.50 off 2 coupon for Listerine or Reach from 3/15 SS
  • Used $6.00 RR
Final Price: $0.59 + tax = $1.50 OOP on gift card and received $6.00 RR for Listerine\Reach

I know, I know....I still have a $6.00 RR to get rid of! Drat! But no out-of-pocket for a gallon and a half of milk and a 2-year supply of Ecotrin is a pretty good deal. (Ecotrin is part of my heart-healthy program.) I just hope Walgreens comes through with some more good deals in the next 2 weeks.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template