I got some Sweet Deals!

What a beautiful day yesterday was! Well, it wasn't 70 and sunny but you won't catch me whining about almost 50 degrees in January. DBF and I ventured out to do a couple of the deals before they ended and, in particular, I really wanted to figure out how to use the $5 off $50 coupons that we had gotten from the Hyvee Customer Appreciation sale. They expired today (Sunday). First stop - Walgreens.

Hyvee Transaction #1

  • Hyvee $50 gift card
  • 2 Claussen pickles, on sale for $2.00 each
  • Lay's potato chips, on sale for $2.50
  • Used $5.00 off $50.00 coupon from the Customer Appreciation book
  • Used two $5.00 Catalina coupons from last week's Kraft cheese deal

Final Total: $41.11 and I still have the $50.00 gift card!

I wasn't sure whether this would work or not, since the coupon states "$5 off $50 grocery purchase", but it also didn't exclude gift cards. I'm assuming it would work on other gift cards also, but I know I'll use the Hyvee cards and I felt better about giving them the money since they gave me the coupon.

Then we headed over to Walgreens to see if they had any more of the Accuchek meters, grab some peanuts for the Keep the Jingle rebate and possibly some of the Wet Ones (which they were out of). Here's what we got:



Walgreens Transaction #1
2 Accuchek Aviva diabetes meters, $9.99 (not pictured)
8 Planters peanuts 12 oz, on sale for $1.99 each
1 book of stamps, $8.80 (to absorb the overage from the Accuchek; not pictured)
Used four $1.00 off 2 coupons for Planters
Used 2 $10.00 coupons for Accuchek from the 11/8 SS
Use the $5.00 coupon from Diabetes and You Booklet (subtracted $10.00)

Final Total: $4.59. I will combine the Planters with another purchase and submit for the $10.00 Keep the Jingle rebate to make this a $5.51 moneymaker!

Walgreens Transaction #2
2 Accuchek Aviva diabetes meters, $9.99 (not pictured)
6 Planters peanuts 12 oz, on sale for $1.99 each
1 book of stamps, $8.80 (to absorb overage; not pictured)
Used three $1.00 off 2 coupons for Planters
Used 2 $10.00 coupons for Accuchek from the 11/8 SS
Use the $5.00 coupon from Diabetes and You Booklet (subtracted $10.00)

Final Total: $4.22. Got a raincheck for the Planters, as we'll need four more to do another rebate in DBF's name. That's still free peanuts and half off a book of stamps!

DBF and I went back and forth over what to buy with the overage from the meters. He needed some snotbuster medicine but I thought it seemed super expensive at 30 tablets for $14.99. I convinced him to wait for a better deal and I'm glad that I did because here's what I found at CVS:


CVS Transaction #1)
  • 2 Nature's Bounty Your Life Women's vitamins, BOGO at $9.99
  • Belfonte gallon of milk, $3.39
  • CVS aspirin, $0.99 (not pictured)
  • Used $5.00 off $20.00 CVS coupon
  • Used $5.00 printable coupon for Nature's Bounty
  • Used $2.00 printable coupon for Nature's Bounty
  • Used $1.00 off CVS aspirin scanner coupon
Final Total: $0.40 and got back $3.00 ECB for buying the Nature's Bounty = $2.60 profit!

CVS Transaction #2)
  • 2 Nature's Bounty Your Life Women's vitamins, BOGO at $9.99
  • CVS chest congestion relief, $9.99
  • Used $5.00 off $20.00 CVS coupon
  • Used $5.00 printable coupon for Nature's Bounty
  • Used $3.00 printable coupon for Nature's Bounty
  • My favorite cashier also let me use the $1.00 off peelies on both of the Nature's Bounty. She manually keyed them in, even though I told her I had already used coupons on them!

Final Total: $4.98, used $3.99 ECB and rest on GC and got back a $3.00 ECB for buying the Nature's Bounty = $1.98 OOP. If I had had another of the $5.00 NB coupon with me, I would have broken even. Oh well, I guess the first transaction paid for DBF's cold medicine! I'm SOOOOO glad we didn't buy this at Walgreens.

All in all, not a bad houndin' day!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template