"Stash" tips: how long can you stockpile an item?


One of the basics of frugal living is learning how to buy at the lowest price and how to buy enough that you won't run out before a product goes to the lowest price again. When I first started what I'll call "extreme couponing", I very quickly decided I'd have to beef up our pantry. If I see something at a great price, I'll buy lots of it (unless it's really perishable) and our pantry has essentially become our grocery store. If I need something, I go there rather than stepping out to go to the store.

But have you ever wondered "How long can I keep food items in my stockpile?" I know I have. Luckily, I discovered this handy-dandy little tool over on the Reynolds Wrap website that will give you the answer. Just select the food item you're interested in and it will tell you when it is time to toss it out. I'm definitely bookmarking this one.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template