Valentines 75% Clearance Finds at Target


Target now has all the Valentine merchandise on clearance at 75% off. I was there doing my rounds on Saturday and was surprised to find a ton of stuff still on the shelves and only one other person in the aisles! The candy is also at 75% off, which is a great deal if you have the coupons. Here are the goodies that I came home with:

  • 3 Glade tin candles, on sale for 3 for $5.00 (not pictured; not part of Valentine clearance)
    5 Hershey's Bliss raspberry meltaways at $0.79 each (normally $3.19!)
    1 giant Hershey's kiss at $0.82 (normally $3.29!)
    1 Valentine wrapping paper at $0.49 (normally $1.99)
    - Used three $1.50 coupons found inside Glade tins
    - Used 5 $1.00 coupons for Bliss from the 2/7 SS <------$0.21 overage each!
    - And got a $0.05 credit for my reusable bag
    Final Price: $0.75 (including tax) on a gift card

Remember this post about Missourians being overcharged sales tax? I specifically did this transaction at my favorite Target store in Missouri and, interestingly enough, I *was* charged tax on the full retail price BEFORE coupons rather than after coupons. I'll be calling Target on Monday to find out how to get a refund, etc.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template