Walgreens Paid Me $16.50 to Shop Today


Not much going on CVS this week, so it's all about Walgreens. I didn't do too badly this morning, even though I was rushed - DBF and I had tix to go see Hot Tub Time Machine this morning at 9:50 a.m. We ended up going to a new Walgreens (new to me anyway) and, guys, I have found Nirvana! This Walgreens was stocked with all the deals and no other shoppers in sight!

With all the deals this week, I thought it would be a good time to use the $5 off $20 that DBF got in the mail. Not sure how or why he got this other than that he bought the house across the street. But who am I to complain? We made $16.50 for about 20 minutes worth or work!
  • Transaction 1
    Dulcolax, $10.00 (these are the larger bottles, by the way!)
    Simply Saline, $7.00
    Dove shampoo, $4.00
    Used $4.00 printable coupon for Dulcolax
    Used $1.00 coupon for Simply Saline from the 1/24 SS
    Used $2.00 printable coupon for Dove (no longer available)
    Used the $5.00 off $20.00 Walgreens coupon
    Final Price: $9.00 + tax and got back $21.00 in RR ($10 for Dulcolax, $4 for Dove, $7 for Simply Saline) = $12.00 profit!


  • Transaction 2
    Walgreens daily vitamins, $3.00
    Dove shampoo, $4.00
    Simply Saline, $7.00
    Used $2.00 printable coupon for Dove (no longer available)
    Used $1.00 coupon for Simply Saline from the 1/24 SS
    Used the $10.00 RR from Transaction 1
    Final Price: $1.00 + tax and got back $14.00 in RR ($3 for vitamins, $4 for Dove and $7 for Simply Saline) = $3.00 profit!


  • Transaction 3
    Walgreens daily vitamins, $3.00
    Dentek floss, $2.00
    Ducolax, $10.00
    Reese's peanut butter cup, $0.39 with in-ad coupon (filler)
    Used $4.00 printable coupon for Dulcolax
    Used $1.00 coupon for Dentek from the 1/17 SS
    Used the $7.00 RR from Transaction 2
    Used the $3.00 RR from Transaction 2
    Final Price: $0.39 + tax and got back $12.00 RR ($10 for Dulcolax and $2.00 for Dentek) = $1.50 profit!
We were in such a hurry that I screwed up on that last transaction. I didn't get another $3.00 RR for the vitamins because I had used the $3.00 RR that I got for buying vitamins in the last transaction. Aaarrgghhh! I hate being rushed! I may return it later today and see if I can get it on a gift card or something.

I also really wanted to get the Airwick Compact iMotions, but they were regular $8.99 (on sale for $4.49). To show you how cheap I am, I wasn't willing to pay $0.49 for them. Having said that, however, these would make great filler items if you need to get a certain total.

Oh, and if you're wondering about the movie....If you're a child of the 80's, like I am, you'll love it. I think I laughed through the whole movie. I'm putting this on my Christmas list for this year because we want to go back and try to catch all the obscure 80's references (and maybe because you catch a glimpse of John Cusack's naked bootie!) Hope DBF is not reading this.... ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template