Whew! I was up late last night finishing up my taxes. Working in Kansas and living in Missouri and then selling investment property in Missouri is an absolute nightmare. TaxCut just didn't know how to deal with it. Anyway, I have the afternoon off and will be heading to the Tax Day Tea Party at Community America Ballpark, but it doesn't start until 3 p.m. That means I'll have time to go take advantage of some of these freebies. And a couple of Tylenol. Here's what I've got plotted out:
- Stop by Chick-Fil-A for FREE breakfast at select restaurants.
- Then head over to Starbuck’s for a FREE cup of coffee (when you bring in your own cup!)
- Gotta have a FREE donut to go with that coffee, so next stop is Krispy Kreme. They're giving out FREE donuts through noon today at the Union Station post office.
- Grab my sweetie and head over to Boston Market where you'll get a FREE meal for each one that you buy Thursday through Sunday. You'll need this printable coupon .
- Maggie Moo's will be providing dessert - they're giving away a FREE slice of the new MaggieMia's ice cream pizza on Tax Day between 3 and 7 p.m. at participating locations.
- Then, in an effort to put ourselves into a sugar coma, we'll head to a Subway where they're handing out FREE cookies. Otis Spunkmeyer, baby! If you're lucky enough to live in North Carolina and Virginia (Greenville, Greensboro, Wilmington, Raleigh, Richmond, and Norfolk), you can also get a "buy one get one FREE" deal on subs while you're there.
- After our bellies are full, we'll head to HydroMassage for our FREE massage at participating locations (these are in malls). It's recommended that you call and book an appointment, because this one may be really popular. Looks like there's only 1 location here in Kansas City proper. This deal is good today through Sunday.
- Stop by Office Depot to make copies of my signs for the Tea Party -- they're offering copies of your tax returns for FREE up to 25 single-sided pages (not sure how this works, but you might be able to copy other stuff?) Staples is offering the same deal only there's a limit of 15 pages.
- Take a nap before I head to the Tea Party.
- Dinner at McCormick and Schmick's. Mmmm..my mouth is watering thinking of their steaks. They're offering $10.40 dinner deals and drink specials in the bar today. Bar guests who come in April 15 also receive a $10.40 gift certificate for a later visit. And, if you're one of those unlucky professional tax preparers who will be working non-stop today through midnight, you can get a FREE dessert on Friday plus a $10.40 certificate if you show your business card.
- And then on to Cinnabon for our 2 FREE cupcake bites between 6 and 8 p.m.
If none of these trip your trigger, here are couple more:
- IHOP is offering free dinner for one child age 12 or younger with each adult meal purchased between 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. all month long.
- P.F. Chang's: Get 15% off all food purchases for dine-in or take-out, excluding alcohol and happy hour food and beverages.
- Whole Foods: Pay no tax today on your purchases (only in AL, GA, TN, NC, and SC!)
- Taco Del Mar: Score a FREE Taco on April 15th.
- Jack-in-the-Box: Get a FREE small french fries on April 15th.
- Mr. Jim’s: Get a Free Small Pizza.
- Taco Bell: Run for the border and get a FREE taco today. (NOTE: This is being reported, but I could find no official link for it!)