Moneymaking Mastermind: Part I


After enduring a veritable drought of coupons at the CVS scanner these past couple of months, my luck turned around this week. The clouds parted, the sun shone, and CVS rained down on me a shower of coupons. Both DBF and I got $5 off $40 coupons, $4 off Stayfree (makes them free + overage!) and he also got a $4 off $20. My evil mastermind plan was to use these to turn the Olay deal into a moneymaker. So yesterday, I did this:

  • Olay Total Effects moisturizer, on sale for $18.99
    Olay Total Effects 7-in-1 anti-aging cleanser, $9.99
    Halle 0.17 oz perfume, $4.99
    Stayfree maxi pads 24 count, $3.79
    Belfone gallon milk, $3.79 (we were out!)
    Subtotal: $41.55

    - Used the $3.00 coupon for Olay from the 3/7 PG
    - Used the "FREE facial cleanser wyb TE moisturizer" coupon from the 3/7 PG
    - Used the $5.00 coupon for Halle (found in 2-piece gift sets)
    - Used the $5 off $40 CVS scanner coupon

    Final Total: $14.28 (used $13.99 ECB and $0.29 cash) and got back a $5.00 ECB for the Halle.

I could have rocked this alot better if I had purchased a cheaper Stayfree package (more overage) or if I had some Nature's Bounty vitamin Q's with me. I really didn't think this through completely. I may return the Stayfree and get my money back, as I already have a mountain of these (literally!) in my closet.

Also, the Total Effect cleansers don't count toward the ECB deal, so now I just need $6.00 in Olay to finish out the deal and get my $10.00 ECB. The only items that count are $18.99 and up, but I also need to get to $50.00 to submit for the new Olay $20.00 rebate. So right now, if you subtract the milk cost, I'm at $5.49 OOP for the Olay. If I return the Stayfree, I'll be down to under $2.00 OOP. Now to implement part 2 of my moneymaking scheme......

To be continued....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template