New or Transferred Prescriptions = HUGE profit!

One good thing did come out of having to visit the doc this weekend. A couple of weekends ago, DBF and I were in CVS and found a couple of coupons on the counter for a $25.00 gift card with any new or transferred prescription. That's a huge find, because these deals are usually only for transfers. I used them both this weekend for my 2 prescriptions ($3.00 and $0.78, respectively) for a $46.22 profit!

So let's talk about the prescription game a little bit, shall we? There are folks that make a pretty good profit out of pitting CVS, Walgreens, Kmart, Target and some of the grocery stores against each other. If you're on regular maintenance meds, just wait until another store has one of these offers and then move it to that store. Your old store will probably send you an offer to come back at some point - Walgreens, in particular, does this fairly often. Personally, I would have a hard time keeping track of where my prescriptions are if I transferred them around all the time. However, if Walgreens were to offer me $25.00 to move, I'd probably do it.

I only know of 2 prescription deals right now:

  • Kmart had an offer in this weekend's ad for a $10.00 Kmart gift card when you transfer a prescription. Offer expires XX.

  • Rite-Aid is offering a $25.00 gift card for any new or transferred prescription through April 24th. Most CVS or Walgreens will honor competitor coupons, so you could take this in to them and they should honor it (providing you have a Rite-Aid in your area!)

Both Target and Kmart just had $10.00 and $25.00 deals respectively that just ended earlier this month. So keep your eyes peeled for these if you'd like to try your hand at profiting in the prescription game!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the post. I emailed CVS last week to ask about being given an offer for the gc for an xferred rx. They told me no can do. Well, the CRT I got a few months ago did me no good b/c I wasn't due for a refill yet. I thought maybe I'd be out of luck again (my refills are only every 90 days). I'll check my pharmacy's counter next time I go in and hope hope hope. I really would love that $25 gc

ThriftyPuppy said...

Jen, you can buy these off of Ebay as well. Try http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=cvs+%2425&_sacat=See-All-Categories.

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template