Walgreens this Week and a Trip to Urgent Care

I hope you'll forgive me for the abbreviated list of Walgreens deals this week - I do have an excuse! DBF and I started pulling out an old fence in our backyard and replacing it with a new one last weekend and, in the process, I got scratched on the back of my leg. I washed it out with alcohol and put Neosporin on it but it apparently got infected anyway. By yesterday, my entire calf and top of my foot was swollen and red and I could barely get my shoe on. So, under threat of my leg falling off, I stopped by Urgent Care (in between Hen House and Hy-Vee, of course).

So they're testing me for MRSA and gave me some "hope your leg doesn't rot off" antibiotics. And told me that I should sit around with my leg propped up (yeah, right!) Interestingly enough, I mentioned the Neosporin to the doc and she told me that alot of the infections they see now are resistant to Neosporin. Hmmm.....good thing to know.

Anyway, after giving you way too much information, I need to head off to CVS for the great deals. So I'm just going to highlight the really good deals at Walgreens this week. For a more complete list, check out Hip2Save's post.

  • Nature’s Bounty Vitamin D-1000 120-count tablets, $5.00 and get back a $5.00 RR
    Use the $$5.00 printable coupon
    Final Price: FREE + $5.00 profit!

  • Buy TWO Bayer Aspirin Low-Dose 32-count at $2.99 each and get back a $3.00 RR
    Use two $1.50 printable coupons
    Final Price: Pay $2.99 and get back a $3.00 RR = FREE
    NOTE: There's a $3.00 in-ad coupon but Walgreens is only honoring it on the 100-count or larger aspirin or the 40 to 80-count Heart Health products.

  • Colgate Total Advanced or Enamel Strength toothpaste 4oz. or Wave toothbrush, $2.99 and get back a $2.00 RR
    Use the $1.00 coupon from the April All You magazine or
    Use the $0.75 printable coupon
    Final Price: FREE to $0.24, depending on coupon

  • No Nonsense Knee Highs, 2 for $1.00 (in container by cosmetics area)
    Use the $1.00 off 2 coupon from the 3/21 SS
    Final Price: FREE

  • Kotex U pads and tampons, $3.49 and get back a $2.50 RR
    Use the $1.00 coupon from the 4/18 SS or printable coupon
    Final Price: FREE

  • St. Ives body wash, buy one at $3.29 and get one FREE
    Use two $1.00 coupons from the 3/21 SS or printable coupon (must become Facebook fan)
    Final Price: $0.65 each when you buy 2

  • John Frieda shampoo, conditioner or styling products, buy 3 for $15.00 and get back a $5.00 RR
    Use three $2.50 printable coupons (click on “Product Advisor” tab and take survey; you'll need at least 2 computers)
    Final Price: $0.83 each when you buy 3

  • Walgreens reusable bags, 3 for $1.00 with in-ad coupon (great filler!)

  • April 22nd ONLY (Earth Day): Black or color printer cartridge refills are just $1.00 with in-ad coupon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template