Who Said Coupons Aren't For Healthy Food?

Okay, all you coupon nay-sayers....one of the things I often hear from folks when they find out I'm a couponer is "well, all the coupons are for junk food. There are never any coupons for healthy food." Ah, grasshoppa... I beg to differ.

Yesterday at Hen House, I found some $1.00 coupons for Dole bagged salad with an expiration date of 6/30/2010. Since these often go on sale for just $0.99, that's FREE salad. (They're actually on sale for $0.99 at Thriftway right now!)

These are the replacements for the $1.00 Dole coupons that I used to get FREE salad from January until they expired on March 31st. Along with those, there were also "FREE bananas up to $1.75 wyb 2 Dole salads" coupons that expired in March, so I'm crossing my fingers that we'll see those again as well.

At Hy-Vee, I've found multiple coupons for organic milk or organic products. I just found another one yesterday and will be posting it in my weekly "found objects" post shortly.

And, finally, just a tip....the best place to buy your produce is at Aldi because they usually have the lowest day-to-prices. Aldi's doesn't accept coupons, though, so the price you see is what you get.

So there you have it.... you CAN save money and eat healthy at the same time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template