Great Hen House Trip


We had a really good trip to Hen House over the weekend and I thought I would share it with you, because it shows how you can use coupons and overage to get other items that don't usually have good coupons at a cheaper price (like milk!)

Earlier this year, I found tearpad coupons for $1.50 off milk wyb Nabisco cookies (no size restrictions; expires 6/30) and I've been combining it with Roberts Dairy $0.50 coupons that double at Hen House to get a gallon of milk for about $1.50. Here's how:

  • Oreo convenience packs, on sale for $0.99
  • 4 Classico pasta sauces, on sale for $1.99 each = $9.96
  • Roberts gallon milk, $3.67
  • Ball Park singles hot dogs, on sale for $1.50
  • 2 Dole salads, on sale for $0.88 each = $1.76
  • Dole "yellow" bananas, on sale for $0.39 per lb = $0.48
  • - Used the $1.50 coupon for Nabisco cookies and milk (gave $0.51 overage!)
  • - Used $1.50 off 2 printable coupon for Classico (no longer available)
  • - Used two "buy one red sauce get one white sauce FREE" printable coupons for Classico (no longer available)
    Not sure what happened here, but one deducted $2.49 and the other deducted $2.74
  • - Used the $0.50 coupon for Roberts milk from a previous insert (doubles to $1.00)
  • - Used two $1.00 tearpad coupons for Dole (gave $0.24 overage!)
Final Total: Just $5.37!

Also, I didn't have my raincheck for Grande tortilla chips with me, or I would have gotten 2 bags of those for $0.49 each and then used my peelie coupon for "$1.50 in FREE produce wyb 2 bags" as well. The bad part is that I can't find that raincheck, so I think I may have thrown it out accidentally. Don't you hate it when that happens?

p.s. Do those look like Dole YELLOW bananas to you? These were the ripest ones they had. I don't think I've ever seen neon green bananas before in the store.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template