Quick Mom's Day Trip to CVS

With all the deals this week, you just know that DBF and I would be darkening CVS's door. On our way to go by our new black Wii (wheeee!) at Target, we stopped in. My inserts didn't include the Bayer meter coupon, so no $5.00 profit for me, but I did devise a plan to get some of my favorite hair color for free. And that's a noble undertaking, in my opinion. Here's what I got:

  • 2 Right Guard Total Defense antiperspirants at $2.99 each = $5.98
    2 Nature's Bounty vitamin D, buy one at $5.19 and get one FREE = $5.19
    2 Clairol Nice 'n Easy hair color at $4.97 each = $9.94
    2 Crest Pro-Health toothpastes at $3.50 each = $7.00
    1 U by Kotex pads at $4.99

    - Used two $1.50 printable coupons for Right Guard
    - Used two $5.00 printable coupons for Nature's Bounty (gave $4.81 overage!)
    - Used two $2.00 coupons for Clairol
    - Used two $0.75 coupons for Crest
    - Used one $1.00 manufacturer coupon for Kotex
    - Used one $1.00 printable CVS coupon for Kotex
Final Price: $12.60. Paid for with $11.98 in ECB's and $0.62 on CVS gift card, and got back $15.99 in ECB's ($7 for Crest, $4 for Right Guard and $4.99 for Kotex). Profit = $3.39!


Then it was DBF's turn. As a self-confessed Trident gum addict, there was no way he was going to pass up this week's sale. I only had 2 of the Nature's Bounty printables left over, so I couldn't help him out with any overage. Guess I'm going to have to break out the old laptops at home and print some more.

He basically bought the same things I did (minus the NB and substitute Trident gum for the Clairol). Used the $1.00 off 3 insert coupon for the Trident. Total came to Final Price: $16.64. Paid for with $13.97 in ECB's and $2.67 in cash, and got back $15.99 in ECB's ($7 for Crest, $4 for Right Guard and $4.99 for Kotex).

Profit = $2.02 ((yes, I made him pay for his gum!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template