Nah nah nah nah, hey hey hey


Hi, everyone. I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been posting alot lately (OK, not at all). Please allow me to explain what's going on. When I first got into couponing, I was so excited about the huge pile of money I was saving - heck, I still am! And I started this blog as a way to tell my family and friends about the magic of couponing. And then it blossomed into so much more than that.

But the fact of the matter is that it really takes alot of time to stay up on all the sales, coupons, coupon matchups, etc. With a full-time job, it is really difficult impossible for me to post about them all. I have always prided myself on having the most complete grocery matchups in Kansas City but that was taking up my entire Tuesday evening and alot of Wednesday. I started to realize that it was becoming more of a chore and not so much fun to spend my mornings before work and my evenings doing coupon matchups and posts. I started to question the silliness of re-posting deals (which is what alot of couponer blogs do, including a certain well-known one here in KC - they don't have any original content of their own). And, even worse, I started to miss deals because I was busy posting and not hounding!

The past week has been an experiment to see if I could kick this blogging addiction. What I found is that I was able to get so much more done, spend much more quality time with my hunny and my darling pups, and the freedom of knowing that I didn't have to get a post done before work or before bed is intoxicating.

So, after a year and a half, I am saying goodbye to ThriftyPuppy's blog. I want to thank you all for being such faithful readers and for all that you have shared with me. I wish you all the best of luck and hope that you save a mountain of money. For those of you that hang out on SlickDeals or HotCouponWorld, you'll see me posting there. I may be giving up blogging but I'm still chasing the deals!

14 comments:

Kelly and Ali said...

Sorry to see you go - I always liked having you around. But I understand how much work goes into a blog - hope you'll post on my facebook site every now and again.

- kel

tressy said...

well...I just found you!! I've been doing coupons and walgreens for about 2 months!! so I am still very "green"..LOL...It takes a lot of time for ME just to pair up my "deals" ... can't imagine how long it takes to find the deals..one question: I LOVE your list of favorite blogs and how it updates...I seem to check it several times a day...do you know anyone else who does that? I would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks and good luck to you, your hubby and the puppies!!!
tressysue@gmail.com

ThriftyPuppy said...

You guys are very sweet! Thanks for the kind words.

Tressy, I am leaving the blog up because of the list (I use it to see the latest deals also). There are a couple more that I'm going to add and a few stragglers that I'm going to take off. But please feel free to use thriftypuppy as a "jumping off" point for the latest updates from these other great bloggers!

Anonymous said...

Thrifty- are there any other blogs in kc you read up on to keep you aware of deals that you would recommend? I'm looking for kc specifically

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog recently and love it...I am so sad to see you go :(

Jamie @ I Am A Money Magnet said...

Oh no!! :( That's sad!! I totally understand about it being difficult to maintain a blog, work full-time, and have a life! I've come to the conclusion that I can only do as much as I can do. I've unsubscribed to alot of blogs because I was getting overwhelmed with all the "deals" and I was starting to feel inadequate... I have to remind myself all the time of why I blog {first, i do it because i like having a record of my adventures & two, if I can help someone along the way, then great!}

Anyhow, you'll be missed! Enjoy your break & stop by sometime!

ThriftyPuppy said...

Anon: There are a couple of KC-centric blogs that I follow. My fav is Sam's Secrets (find her on my blog list on the right) - she highlights the best deals for all the grocery stores. Also, Cutting Coupons in KC is good (cuttingcouponsinkc.blogspot.com) I think Penny Pinchin Mom (www.pennypinchinmom.com) now has the most complete grocery matchups if you're looking for those. For overall deals, I'd recommend hip2save.com and swaggrabber.com.

I already miss you guys!

coupon challenged said...

I will miss you. I loved your blog but so understand. I blog too but don't list deals as I am coupon challenged hence the name of my blog but more my exprerience at trying to master couponing. Good luck to you. You were awesome though and will be so missed.

Angie said...

Sorry to hear that- you are my fave KC coupon deals. And thanks for keeping up your page- love the blogroll!

And, I loved winning some of you coupon giveaways. If you ever find yourself with too many coupons on your hands, I'd love to get some from you- or work out a trade :) Are you on any of the coupon forums?

Angie said...

Maybe you could just post occasionally on FB for us diehards? : )

Koupon Kelley - NC said...

Wow....just caught onto your site a few months ago and I checked it twice a day. I certainly understand the time involved and that it's better spent with hubby and the lil ones! You've been a great help to me and I will miss you!

Sarah said...

I am going to miss you around here!!! Maybe I can still get you to guest post for me on occasion? And you better still keep up with the deals - the way you get so many just amazes me!

ThriftyPuppy said...

Angie: you were certainly on a winning streak, weren't you!? I hang out on We Use Coupons, Hot Coupon World and A Full Cup so you'll see me there! I hope Sarah's OK with me hanging around, as I've been posting some deals that I've found over on here blog (samssecrets.com).

It's Sunday and the deals are HORRIBLE this week. Let's hope there are some hidden ones. Happy hounding, ladies!

Beth Ann said...

Thank you for helping me to learn more about couponing and saving money! I can't imagine how much time it takes to keep a blog going. I spend so much time just clipping and trying to get things in order! You are awesome!

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copyright © 2010 - Hounding with ThriftyPuppy - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template